Friday, Nov. 1, marks the start of one of the most popular events in the state of Texas: the 10-day-long festival in New Braunfels known as WURSTFEST.
The annual WURSTFEST festival offers a unique blend of German heritage and Texan fun and provides great food, good beer and live entertainment from over 40 local, national and international performers.
Traditional German costumes, crafts, souvenirs and delicacies rule the day in this Texas-style Oktoberfest. From carnival rides to polkas to sausage on a stick, there’s something here for everyone. WURSTFEST is held in the spacious family-friendly and accessible the festival grounds at Landa Park and at many special events throughout New Braunfels and Comal County.
Rated No. 3 in Texas
WURSTFEST was started in 1961 to promote the city’s sausage-making industry. It has grown to become the No. 3-rated event in the state, trailing San Antonio’s annual Fiesta celebration and the Texas State Fair.
Event sponsors provide the following tips for the event:
- Visitors are prohibited from bringing food and beverages onto the festival grounds. This includes, but is not limited to beer, wine and distilled spirits.
- Beer sales require tickets, but food vendors will accept cash. ATMs are available throughout the grounds.
- Credit/Debit Cards are accepted on a limited basis. Admission and drink ticket sales are by cash only.
- Seating is provided in all entertainment areas.
- Shirts and shoes are required attire for festival patrons. Dirndls, lederhosen and silly hats are encouraged.
- Wurstfest continues rain or shine, and no rain dates are scheduled.
- Parking in the area adjacent to the festival grounds is limited. Shuttle service is available from area Park & Ride, local accommodations or for group pick-up from private locations.
For more information visit www.wurstfest.com.
Make Hill Country RV Resort & Cottage Rentals your home away from home while you enjoy WURSTFEST. Call (830) 625-1919 now to reserve your spot at our resort. Keep checking the blog and visit our website for more information about the resort, local attractions, news, events and more.
Hill Country RV Resort & Cottage Rentals is managed by Kastleman & Associates Inc., Bryan Kastleman, President.
Tags: camping cottages in texas hill country, camping in new bruanfels, camping in texas hill country, canoeing in the texas hill country, Canyon Lake, comal river, hill country outdoor guide, Hill Country RV Resort & Cottage Rentals, kayking in the texas hill country, landa park, Nana's Groovy Cupcakes, natural bridge caverns, Natural Bridge Wildlife Park, new braunfels cottages, Old Gruene Market Days, parasailing in texas, places to stay near schlitterbahn's, Roger Creager, rv parks in new braunfels, rv parks in texas hill country, Schlitterbahn new braunfels, schlitterbahn's waterparks, Texas Ski Ranch, Texas Ski Ranch Snow Park, The Fork & Spoon, Tripp's Ultimate Comedy Club and Humor Bar, tubing in the texas hill country guadalupe river, wholesale jewelry gift and bead shows, wurstfest